Tuesday, March 15, 2011

wireless resolved.

hey all,

man it's getting busy. Good thing I set myself up to have a less stress time at uni with subjects this semester. So many birthday parties as well. And so many career events to do. And so much work. I'm losing sleep over a few things as well, like final year projects and nightmares of unemployment next year.

One good piece of news, I've finally taken the bullet and bought a wireless USB dongle to see if it would help my terrible wireless capabilities of my laptop. So far, success! I have now have internet in extremities of my house.

This is excellent, as my brother has moved back home, but I love having my PC next to the router, cause I get super speeds =] So now I can leave it in there for leisure, and use the laptop for work when the PC isn't available. Although the 21 inch screen is so nice to work on.

The final test will be of course, at uni, but I have high hopes. I bought a TP-Link TL821N in case anyone was interested, $24 at MSY. Not a bad investment.

Stupid Toshiba and their lies. I disabled my wireless card on my laptop and tested it, and vice versa. It's clearly the card. ALSO, Toshiba has crap algorithms for their wireless status. It will read FULL bars when connected, but in reality it's like 2/5 (not to mention it'll drop out as well). TP-Link's connects with 2 bars and smooth surfing all the way.

Disappointed in Toshiba =[

teoh,

No comments: