Friday, April 8, 2011

To go or not to go!

I am in the midst of planning my July holidays, and it's quite stressful/indecisive. When I found out we actually get four weeks of holidays, and I only had one exam (increasing chances of even more holidays), I was so determine to go over seas. No way I want to spend my last real holiday at home doing the usual, and especially not at work.

So since my sister is on her last year in the UK, I thought it'd be a good time to go to Europe! I haven't been before, and I'm quite eager to experience it. Since I'm not a big traveler, I'm aiming for about just over two weeks. I know it's not as long as most people do it, but I don't like to travel for too long!

Since I'm going alone, I was also thinking of doing a tour, Contiki or TopDeck. They have some nice ones that give me a taste of all over the place for about 12 days, for around 2k. Accommodation is hotels, which is nice and it contains most of the travel fees and some meals/activities. So I'm pretty happy with that.

HOWEVER. Now I'm having a financial crisis. Because flight tickets are ridiculously expensive. I was expecting around 2k, but the cheapest I can find at the moment is 2.6k with Singapore airlines. =_= what the hell. so that's like 4.8k together with the tour, and then +spending money, I'm looking at well over 6k.

I really want to go, but now I'm not sure if it's worth it/can afford it. On top of that, we're also going to the snow that holidays too. Eep.

Decision decisions. And prices only get higher from here on!

teoh,

3 comments:

timtamz said...

who cares about cost, just do it. You won't regret it!

Ritzy said...

definitely go! but not with Contiki!
lol i recognised the map straight away hahaa..

do it yaself! much much cheaper and go with friends.

Contiki is only good if you party like an animal and you drink a lot. You have been warned. they drink a lot hahaha..

jediteoh said...

Yeah, I think it is pretty much confirmed that I'm going now Tim =]

Yeah, I've rethought Contiki. I realised the people I asked about Contiki were aussie people haha. So I will most likely be travelling with Top Deck, who do the same tours but I've heard better things with them =]