Thursday, June 3, 2010

driving blind


well, it's damn foggy out there at the moment isn't it? Or is it misty? Or cloudy? Interesting question, let's find out!

it all starts off with condensation nuclei which is basically a clump or form of dust, pollutants etc., nasty stuff hanging in the air and cold weather. so when things get really cold, usually around 4 degrees, water vapour in the air start to condensate, like the water on the side of your cold drinks. The water droplets that have condensed around the dusts and pollutants (hence the name nuclei), which is allows it to be visible as fog to us. Or mist. Or clouds? Which one!?

Well apparently, fog is when visibility is reduced to 1 km or less, and mist is when visibility is reduced between 1 km and 2km. Clouds are up in sky people, sorry, just like where your common sense is if you believed that was an option.

Oh yeah, you can also get flash fogs, where certain temperatures allow fog to gather and dissipate really fast. So don't worry, you aren't seeing ghosts. - curious teoh (source: wikipedia)

So yeah, I drove home from work today and it was really foggy. haha.

Sigh, this week has been quite messy. I gotta get my mind into studying mode asap. But it will be a memorable week I think. My head hurts.

My friend Henry Lim makes these awesoooome powerpoint presentation. Just looking at them makes me want to make one. He's got an eye for presentations I tell you. I'm really proud to present our Shang Hai Expo, everyone's all ooo and aaah. I'm half afraid that my presenting is actually not even important. But I still get a kick out of it anyway.

teoh,

2 comments:

elienated7t said...

I'm still gonna kick your ass at the presentation tomorrow. All it takes is a revealing top and I have the audience with me...Henry's slides can go take a hike :P:P

Ritzy said...

flash fogs. eehhh. lol

but yer!! i was driving few days ago..and it was cannot see beyond 2meters in front scary!!

ohla have fun with the presentations ^^