Tuesday, June 8, 2010

macho man

Ever since my sister has left to UK, I never get to eat yummy cupcakes anymore. But my mum still likes to bake, so yesterday I decided to help my mum bake some stuff. We made a lemon meringue pudding and some apple cupcakes. The lemon pudding turned out quite nice, zesty and sour sweet, while the apple pies were a bit overcooked as I soon found out at work. Guess we should've kept an eye on the timer instead of watching masterchef haha.

And then at work, my workmate aunty nicky brought in her daughter's netball skirt to do some sewing. I teased her, which then prompted her to challenge me in a sewing match. After taking awhile to thread the needle, I actually did a decent job of sewing on a patch.

And then I realised I'm baking. And sewing. Some of the most manly chores in the world. Oops.
Haha, but I don't really mind. I figured I should learn how to do some of this stuff anyway. Mum's not going to sew my jeans back together forever. And cooking is always a good skill to have (although whether baking and cooking are the same thing is debatable). Still I wish I did more manly activities. Like gyming. Drinking gallons of alcohol. Beating people up. Yup, that's the life.

In other news, ling, xuan and I had a DDR session at our normal boxhill location. It's been way too long, and predictably sucked. Still, it's been awhile since I've done that much physical work (haha sad) it was pretty enjoyable. Wish my exam wasn't next tuesday, otherwise I would've went again. We gotta lift our game ling. Beat that Monster Battle Course (or whatever it was called).

Studying is a bit slow at the moment. Can't seem to pick up the pace. I'm sure after failing groundwater next week will prod me into action.

Good luck to all those with exams and curses to all those that don't.

teoh,

2 comments:

jason said...

you have a subject called 'groundwater'?
(puddles? :D)

you gotta tell me about it next time so i have more in-jokes.

elienated7t said...

U owe me lemon pudding! >:(