Friday, September 3, 2010

now that's service.

Remember that wireless problem I was having with my new laptop? Well it was starting to really annoy me, especially at university, so I decided to chuck it into the repair shop to see if they could do anything with it. Not only did they fix it, but they did it with perfect customer service!

I've put in my old sony vaio in for service a year or two ago, and it was a horrible experience. My dad had to go drop it off and pick it up from South Bank (?). They did not really resolve my issue and they also made my laptop dirty with stains. They also charged us and had minimal customer service. So when I went to Toshiba, I was expecting pretty much the same treatment. Boy was I wrong.

For one, the Toshiba repair shop is literally 2 minutes away from Monash University, Clayton. On the corner of Blackburn road and Ferntree gully, really easy to get to for me. And even if you don't live close, they offer free pick up and delivery services too!

The lady I spoke to was really polite and cheerful, listened to all my complaints and what I had done, and did not treat me like an IT dumbnut (it happens often in the IT industry, I would know lol). She even reassured me that it sounded like a simple problem, and would probably be resolved faster than the 7 - 10 working day estimate given to me. At the time I didn't believe her.

I got sms alerts that night, about the status of my laptop e.g waiting on spare parts, which I thought was pretty cool. No wondering what stage they were at, or if they had looked at it yet. Then today, I got a call from the technician himself, who explained what he had done, tested the wireless while on the phone with me (though I had to take his word for it) and asked if there was anything else I was concerned about. Wow! This was within two days of me dropping it off.

Picked it up a few hours later, and tested at home: I now have access downstairs! Which I previously did not, and was pretty upset about. Awesome! The final test will be on Monday at uni though.

But wow, that is the level of service I wish all companies had. I wrote them a nice e-mail about my appreciation, which I hope they actually read. Good on you Toshiba.

I was so happy, I decided to buy a webcam and mouse online for $40 =]

teoh,

1 comment:

Ritzy said...

ohla!
that sounds ace. ^^

ahh genuine customer service makes such the difference.