Sunday, December 12, 2010

the salmat christmas party


Salmat Christmas Party

My company christmas party was last night, at the Jason Coleman's Ministry of Dance venue. Apparently Jason Coleman is some judge on Dancing with the Stars, and he was there, but I didn't take much notice (no offence mr.coleman :3 just not a fan)

This was one of those events where I umm's and err'd about going. I felt like it was going to turn out like clubbing events, and I had already made loose plans with friends. On the other hand, I recently felt like I wasn't so close with my workmates, so I wanted to go and connect with them more; there was also the slightest chance of meeting new people, a wish I always seem to have with these events. However, the environment of the party tended to reflect any attempt of meeting new people as hitting on the opposite sex. So I contented myself with the former reason.

In the end, I decided to go, and my friends were kind enough to accommodate my change of plans (half of it fell through anyway, not enough mah-jong players dammit!). And I was glad I did.

It was a good adventure. For one, I drove into the city, as the place was nowhere near a train station. It was an easy drive, and parking was sweet. The party started off slow as always, bit of standing around and talking and drinking. I almost was tricked into drinking an alcoholic drink, as they gave out ‘slurpees’ but they were clearly not after my first sip >=|

And then we ‘danced’. The girls did anyway. And so did of the smoother guys that ‘had it’. I just bopped around and made a fool of myself. But it was fun and no one made too much fun of me. There was a live band who were quite good, and I enjoyed myself immensely. The night ended at midnight and thank god my friends didn’t go to after party stuff (as I was driver for one of my friends, Lucky), cause my legs were killing me. Fun times!

next post: the forge and the dawn treader!

teoh,

2 comments:

Ritzy said...

haha you look so MERRY! in the picture =P

yay for bopping. *nods*

jediteoh said...

I know, so unnaturally so =P