Wednesday, October 28, 2009

and so it begins.

Last post for awhile I suppose...I didn't want to neglect my blog completely thought. So a quick update before going back to my panicked studying.

Last sunday my family and I went to J's Surf and Turf, a little shop near Brighton beach. It's basically and all you can eat err...not really a restaurant. Picture two fish and chip shops side by side, and get rid of the wall between them. So it's not the prettiest place to eat, but boy is there a lot of food. It's $28 bucks per person, so make sure you go with people who can really eat (dave, janice, looking at you two)

Like I said, toooons of food. We didn't know what to order, so we got the waitress to rattle off good things to try. And cause it's all you can eat, we just ordered everything she said. So we ended up with a ton of food on our table. I especially liked the fried chicken (KFC, you should do it like they do!) and the tempura stuff.

Anyway, more importantly we had some rare family time. We went to Brighton beach afterwards, where we mucked around and took photos. The sut setting was very nice and it was a fun outing all around, especially before exams.

First exam tomorrow! I'm feeling a bit calmer about it after studying a bit. Hopefully it goes ok. Today marks 21 days until exams finish. 3 weeks seem like aaaaages. I'll post again before it's over..it's simply too long just to study full pelt. I'm pretty sure I'm going to burn out before then.

good luck once again, especially to my civil buddies tomorrow.

teoh,

6 comments:

MKWOK said...

ooo i went there for my mum's birthday last year. the interior decoration was terrible but there's not much time to look around when you've got so much food on your plate!

jediteoh said...

Agreed! It was rather full when we went as well, so very cramped.

Though I'm not a fan of seafood, I tried a few new things..oysters are the WORST and expensive haha.

MKWOK said...

im not a seafood fan either hahaha so i just remember having a whole heap of tempura and chicken skewers. I didnt know there was fried chicken?!

Anonymous said...

I want to go beaching now. =(

Food looks yummy <3 perfect for a warm day!

Ritzy said...

wahhh . love the 1st and 3rd photo!!

all the best with exams

dang. everyone seems to be beating me to the beach of late =P

jediteoh said...

Go back and have fried chicken...it was sooo good. I ate like 4 pieces of it. There was no bone it was so awesome!

Yes Hong, I definitely want to go to the beach...especially after today sitting in the boiling exam room T_T I hope I get to meet up with you some time =]

Sandra, you too! My beach experience didn't have great weather, so I'll be going many more times in the holidays hahaha