Wednesday, November 18, 2009

say what!?

ON HOLIDAYS, THAT'S WHAT.

Yeah that's right, I'll be taking down the dreaded exam box as soon as I finish posting. Sheesh, what an exam period. Went on for a million years. The exams were pretty tough too, worst than last semester (or did I study less this semester..?). I'll have a cry post on the 4th dec no doubt.

Wish Amanda and Tim the best with their long trips. Miss you both. Amanda's got a blog up, dunno how often she'll update though lol : Inexperienced_blogger

Anyhow, onto the future. Time to address that holiday to do list! First things first, gathering PC parts for my computer. At the same time, I'll be looking for a laptop for my sister.
Once that's all done, I'll move onto formatting and selling off my current laptop, as well as looking into TPG. Now that I'll be staying home next year, 12 gigs between me and my brother is not enough hahaha.

Just bought 700 dollars worth of parts from MSY and CPL. Here's to really hoping the motherboard is ok, otherwise it'll be the fight of my life trying to get it returned to CPL (apparently they're CRAP, but they were the only ones that had it). Here are my specs for any computer geeks reading this (which would be none I'm assuming...for my own benefit then!):

CPU: Intel Core i5 750
MOBO: Gigabyte P55A-UD3P
RAM: G.skills Jawrip 4GB Kit
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
GPU: Gigabyte 1GB ATI Radeon HD5850
Case: Lian Li Lancool PC-K62
PSU: Antec True Power 650
ODD: Sony-NEC Optiarc AD-7240S

I'm pretty excited to put it altogether and get it working. I've already gotten Win7 from uni for FREE, so I'm excited to start all over again (just like formatting..)

more to come as I settle in the holidays,

teoh.

4 comments:

fmatt said...

how come you went cheap motherboard? and why the samsung hdd, and not seagate or WD? and how come true power instead of earthwatts for the environment!! lolol.

looks exciting. and it looks like you'll have lots of fun gaming :P

jediteoh said...

CHEAP!? it was 200 bucks! lol I'm pretty sure it's one of the nicer boards. Samsung Spinpoint has 7200RPM, so it was one of the faster harddrives. And true power was a compromise due to them not having an seasonics =[

And my graphics card got reduced to a 5770, cause the 5850 was out of stock T_T

I'm just hoping all my parts work *fingers crossed*

fmatt said...

LOL okay sorry i have like no idea about the current products now lol.

but it looks pretty beast-like so i hope it all works and everything (now that it's sunday!)

Anonymous said...

omg
so pro david. I had no idea you were good with computers! Will come to you for troubleshooting in the future =D