Monday, December 14, 2009

where are the golden bananas?

I'm capped at home, so blogging at work is now the only option.

I've actually taken to hermiting due to gaming, which is good considering being capped means I'm reduced to offline things anyway. Along with Dragon Age Origins and Trine, I've also started up Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, which is actually pretty fun.
FPS war games have improved since the last one I've played (which was ages ago). This is more 'realistic' (as far as you can stretch that word in virtual games), involving more modern special operation forces and such. Pretty fun, I'm looking forward when someone cracks Modern Warfare 2 for me =] I suppose I'll do a proper game review soon, but for now, this will be a general update.

Last night was Li's and Jame's 20th birthday, at the Golden Monkey. Despite being designated driver for the night, it was a good time. Saw John Chen again, love that guy, spent a night with ann, finally saw hong randomly!, and of course the birthday boy lithium. It was, as was put by someone in my car, a mediocre night, but I found it quite enjoyable. Bartender Daniel was quite friendly, as most bartenders are, and mixed quite a few drinks for ann. I must say, it's expensive trying to get ann drunk, and I didn't even succeed.

Notes for future parties/21st: The venue was quite nice, just typical dim-lighting, decent level of music noise (no DJ, just overhead) and drinks were expensive as usual. Hong missed the dance floor, which is a fair point and might be a deal breaker for some. The whole place was booked out, and it tended to break people into their groups instead of mixing. Wouldn't consider it for mine.

It was also exciting/stressful to drive into the city, since it was the first time. Driving in was nice, no stress, ann was a good co-pilot. However, driving back out was annoying for three points: city looks the same every road I take, the roads are too hardcore (see below), and matt didn't shut up about alternate routes! =P I drove home with 3 drunks in the back, matt, guo and hong.

what I mean by hardcore roads is that there were no guidelines or shown on the road, probably due to the tram lines. but still, I miss my noob white lines =[ and even the round abouts are huge. Reminds me of the magic roundabouts we got taught in engineering (google magic roundabout swindon).

btw, hong has over 40 readers on her blog =_= I'm pretty sure I only have like 3. Takes off the pressure of blogging though =D

the following posts will be a review of my new keyboard/mouse and some games =]

teoh,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

spent a night with ann sounds like you slept with her
ahahahahaha fail!

and excuse me, I am not a drunk. nor is andrew. but matt is =D

MKWOK said...

HAhahah im a reader still!

The magic roundabout freaked me out when i google imaged it hahaha. it reminds me of a battle stage in mario kart or something hahaha

jediteoh said...

yeah harhar, what are you, two hong? =P

It's actually two roundabouts within each other marco. It actually works pretty well, but it'd scare the crap out of me if I came across it.

fmatt said...

oh yeah, good effort at that roundabout. i remember it lol.

there are white lines, but they're old white lines and yeah i guess they're not visible. but as if rely on them!! lol

anyway, you took the hard way home i told you :P oh wait i'm meant to shut up about that :P

fmatt said...

btw i was just tipsy, not drunk. geeez