Thursday, December 31, 2009

thought to hope to revelation




big post today:

first off, I've been having a few computer issues once again. This time it's the dreaded blue screen of death =[ Actually, I don't get the blue screen, which is why I didn't realise it was the BSOD, my computer just kinda chucks a spaz and dies. But yeah, after hunting through event logs, it's the BSOD. Had to do a few diagnostics around at techsupportforums, and so far all the hardware checks out, which is a relief. Fingers crossed that it's fixed ! ( we did a few things to help hopefully )

secondly, I suck at DDR =[ I feel so ashamed at my performance on tuesday, so terrible. I dunno if I have the heart to go the comp on thursday, but if I have no other plans I might go ( and watch).

The past week has been pretty good. Movie reviews!

Avatar 3D, was pretty amazing, well worth the money. It was good that I went with no expectations, plus I had no idea what it was about. 3D effects were soso for me...I guess it did add to the experience, but it hurt my eyes. When he jumped off a rock high in the sky and leapt for rope, my stomach sorta dropped. The story was alright, but was ruined by the cliche ending at the end =[ But definitely a must-see. Music wasn't bad either, listening to it now, quite a few epic moments.

Sherlock Holmes, was pretty entertaining. I heard it's pretty disappointing to people who've read the novels (let's face it, not many), but it was a good performance by Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr) and Jude Law. I enjoyed the way they created the character Holmes, with his little quirks and super-insight to detail. Plot was meh, and the sequel became obvious when it was 10 minutes to finish and they hadn't solved the mystery professor. Overall, not bad. Music was composed by Hans Zimmerman, I recognised his style during the movie. =] (if you don't know, he's pretty awesome)

Reviewing Avatar reminds me that I didn't post anything for Julian Tang's birthday =[ we saw Avatar the same night we went out for his birthday. Took him to Hogs Breath, where I was shamed when I couldn't finish my plate when even MARCO did. T_T but it was his 21st, so happy birthday! sorry we couldn't do anything huge for you big guy!

Um...my sister's left for the UK =[ we took her to the airport on tuesday, and I'm feeling a bit sad that she's gone for so long. She's safely made it to the Uk just last night, and it's really cold haha. Anyway, hope she settles okay and she stays safe =]

Oh! I finish arranging my room. I think I'll wait til the next post though. It'll be a nice new year day post (hopefully)

Adding photos now... gay blogger won't let me move them around.

Happy New Year everyone.

teoh,

No comments: