Saturday, January 9, 2010

off we go.


and off we go, to new zealand and beyond.

I haven't even finished packing yet lol, I'm scared I'm going to get back from work tonight and find out I'm over the luggage limit or something. But I'll work something out haha. I'm pretty excited now, I didn't realise it was so soon.

I met up with my trio of first years (who will now be promoted to my 2nd year friends), ca, sassy and lil. I must say, they are pretty awesome =] we ended up playing a lot of different card games, learning some new ones like shithead, seven up, 500, brought out the ol pictionary set and war'd against each other. Brunch extended all the way til 6pm haha.

also went to workmate's poker, which I hadn't been in awhile. Forgot how pro they play, and how very noob I am. Ended up having to buy in three times within the first hour, but I somehow managed to make it all back by the end of the night haha. lucky.

I think some of my issues this week comes from expecting too much from my close friends. Even though I spend more time with them, doesn't mean 1. they feel the have the same obligation that I feel 2. they have to fulfil what my expectation of being friends are. Maybe when I come back, I'll bring those expectations down, forget and forgive in my mind and see how I go.

For those who don't know, I'm heading off to New Zealand for four weeks under International Student Volunteers (ISV) group. 2 weeks volunteer work mostly conservation environment stuff, and then 2 weeks adventure tour. Looking forward to bungee jumping, maybe sky diving, blackwater rafting, glow worms and baby kiwis =]

This will be my last post before I head off, so I hope everyone has a safe January and enjoys my absence. I'll try and email those I think will care about my trip =P and maybe upload some photos. When I get back, I'll also be 20! woo. I feel old. =[

take care,
teoh.

2 comments:

timtamz said...

omg teohh email me i wanna know about ur trip or just blogg about itttt ahha. you are going to have so much fun, how unfair.. i want to go bungee jumpinggg fkkkk how exciting!! see u when u get back!!

jason said...

yeah i agree, blog about it lol

see if you can find any ddr machines while you're there too =]

impress your ISV team and pass relinquish :D