Saturday, January 16, 2010

a shoutover from NZ

hey guys,

first off, why are none of you online when I come on?

second off, it's AMAZING here. man falling in love with new zealand. I was going to just upload photos but I left my camera connection at the lodge, along with my dirty laundry that I was suppose to wash =_=

I'm currently at tauronga (not sure of spelling), north island. we got to the coast for our free day weekend. Currently most of the aussies are out drinking, I joined them for one jagerbomb, but it's so expensive and I need to keep a closer eye on my money.

Anyway, just a quick rundown on what I've been doing the past week. Mostly been doing track making and 'releasing' (another word for weeding) at bird sancturies and rainforests. It's been such a great experience. We have a tour guide and a native driver/guide and they are just full of so much information. It's such a great way to explore the country, really. NZ has some beautiful things.

we've been going to waterholes after work as well, cause it's bloody hot over here. Applying sunscreen x5 a day is normal for me now lol. but swimming in natural water is soooo choice (NZ slang for nice). I love it, and I've been jumping off high cliffs to prep myself for bungie jumping.

um, the people are really nice, like minded. Saw a bit of their 'real' selves tonight though, they're all so aussie lol. Oh, and two americans are with us as well, who are really interesting to talk with ahha. The first three hours on the bus were us interogating them about differences about america and australia foods.

anyway, missing you guys. I dunno if I can survive the four weeks, although this week seem to really pick up near the end. I'll upload my pictures next time hopefully. Missing DDR too ling =[ hope all is well over there.

teoh,

1 comment:

timtamz said...

teoh im so jealous of you right now! glad it's fkn amazing! go out moree and drinkkkk dude!