Wednesday, July 14, 2010

that was heaps good.

phwor, the end to an amazing 11 day holiday !

I'll probably write up a few specific posts about the past week and a half at work when I have time. For now, a few thoughts and feelings.

First feeling, dead tired. I usually take holidays pretty easy, but I've pretty much had something on every day, which is definitely a good thing. No time wasted doing unproductive things on the computer, or sleeping in so late I feel groggy the whole day. But I have absolutely no stamina, and I was pretty eager to have a 3 hour nap this afternoon.

I was also pretty surprised at how well the whole thing turned out, some sort of Mega Catch Up. To think that at New Zealand Airport, I felt like I would never see these guys for years, maybe even fade from memory. But I managed to see so many people this holidays, it was an awesome feeling, cause I missed them heaps.
At first, it was just Sarah coming down to Melbourne, then Genevieve and Ellen headed down too. Then I decided to go visit SA to catch up with HaoZhe, Adrianna, Nicolle and Kim, inviting Sarah to come along. And then Nicolle also decided to head over to Melbourne. Cass also made it down there and caught up with us twice, and Jarryd too.

The one thing I love about these close friends (I no longer think of them as ISV friends), is that they seem to push me to expand myself to places I wouldn't usually go. For example, everyone knows I suck at driving, especially to new places, but we went to quite a few these holidays. They're also different to my usual close group, and I love their different way of thinking (grandma is quite cynical), speech (nicolle has a funny SA accent) and weird little habits (ellen has stiff elbows).

From left to right at the back: Gen, Nicolle, Me, Sarah and Ellen sitting in front. Purposely made to look like a family photo hahaha.

It was fun having them at my house, like a little family. My parents were really good in letting them all stay, and everything went really smoothly. I was a little stressed out, cause I didn't know if they were going to have a fun time with me, but I think it turned out ok! We watched a lot of movies though haha.

Facebook has improved their photo uploader..I managed to upload all 170 photos within a few minutes. Nice.

Events and places we went to follow. Mt.Lofty, Cleland Park, Adelaide Zoo, Victor Harbor, Science Works, Dandenong ranges, Balacava, Movies, Healsville, Lygon street and random fun moments.

teoh,

No comments: