Monday, August 23, 2010

this strange feeling...

so I've been using a itrip that my friend greg at work gave me (so generous even if he doesn't use it anymore) and I use the station 99.9 cause it just looks cool on my radio. Niiiiinety nine, oh yeah. Kinda James Bond style. Maybe I should get some matching James Bond music...mmm. 

Anyway, I've discovered a strange alien broadcast on 99.9 just past the stud road and high street intersection. I drive down stud road everyday to get to uni via ferntree gully, and without fail, my music starts to crackle and fizz, like you usually have when another device near by over rides yours. I guess the experience level of my itrip is not high enough. Maybe I need to equip it with better items (like, not my sister's old ipod?). Or maybe itrip is weak to belkin-type. I digress again.

So this particular area seems to have a broad cast on going all the time. I can hear the faint thump of drums and murmurs, but I can never quite hear what it is. Sounds alien like to me. Maybe they're not building houses in that construction lot at all. Maybe it's a government cover up for alien landing zones and you need the decryption to understand the broadcast.

So yeah, when you take a drive down to knox via stud road, switch your radio over to 99.9 and join the mystery fun.

(picture of starcraft 2 carrier unit =] may or may not be real.)

On a more realistic note, here's a fun fact: we're running out of helium (via gizmodo):

Apparently, the world is running out of helium. Robert Richardson, a Nobel Prizewinner, believes that helium supplies will run out in 25 years. And since no other substance has a lower boiling point than helium, this could be a problem.

I guess we’re wasting helium by throwing it into birthday balloons because Richardson thinks that “helium is far too cheap and is not treated as a precious resource.” And he’s right, when you inhale something for the sole purpose of talking in a funny voice, you’re not exactly treating it as a precious resource. Helium, because of its low boiling point, also makes for a great cooling source and is used to manufacture fibre optics and LCDs. So it’s actually kind of important.

Yeah I bet you regret those happy moments with those balloons that you probably accidentally let go of anyway and let it flew away. Now our children won't have floating balloon. sad. =[

teoh,

2 comments:

elienated7t said...

funny u shud go on about helium coz yesterday I saw this video of my cuz getting distracted when blowing up balloons...the 9mins of funny voices made a great video but now think about how much helium was wasted in the process!! the horror!! :P:P
oh n yeah, the good side to all this is that children will start giving balloons the respect it deserves :P:P losing a balloon when u r young isn't what I would classify as a happy moment either, so the depletion of helium will save the future generations from the pain of losing balloons :P:P:P

Ritzy said...

ohla helium. wouldnt be the first thing the earth is running out of ><"

on the side_
I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT WEIRD MUMOUR before! i switch between channels are lot before sleeping.and its weird. not sure if its that channel.