Sunday, March 21, 2010

life bending

So I got Avatar: the last airbender from my friend Long at uni...it was actually the series I was most reluctant to take from him; turns out, I don't want to watch anything else he gave me but~!

It's surprisingly on par with things like Naruto (the good episodes) and has hooked me to watch all 3 seasons. It's got a decent story, has my favorite themes like powers of elements, destiny to save the world in the form of a long quest and some nice characters. Disappointingly it's a Nickelodeon cartoon, so the animations are nothing flashy, but maybe it was simple to make that the action in it is not too bad and pretty constant too! So that was my whole weekend gone.

I was quite stressed and frustrated this week, but it really felt like as soon as friday afternoon came, it all disappeared and everything was put into perspective again. So this weekend was not bad, though I didn't get much sleep due to 6am starts. Hopefully that will stop soon.


My taste in music has changed this year. Since I've played less games than usual, I haven't come across any nice soundtracks, and the movie ones this year have been meh (though I'm seeing Hans Zimmerman in everything!?). And I've had more clubbing experiences (mostly in NZ) than I've had my whole life. So I really enjoy listening to the radio now, and I've started to make a playlist of...mainstream songs? I'm a big fan of strings in these songs; favourites at the moment are Train - Hey Soul Sister, Jay Sean - Do You Remember and Closer by whoever.


Mum's leaving tomorrow =[. Need to get work hours down asap so I can cope with home stuff, work stuff and uni stuff.


teoh,

No comments: