Monday, March 15, 2010

missed the bullseye, by heaps.

ahh being capped. just a little reminder to be grateful for the little things, like loading up facebook within seconds, not minutes. I will dress up this post when I'm uncapped (hopefully tomorrow), but for now I would like to write something.

I proceeded to do archery last sunday, at the Waverley Archery club, located just near the corner of springvale and wellington road. I had my doubts, especially driving up to the club; I was almost ready to turn around and just forget about it. But I went ahead with it, not expecting much.

And I didn't get much. Haha not your typical feel good story, but it was a rather mediocre experience. The actual archery was pretty fun, once you got into it. I can definitely see it being a national sport, there are all these little things that help you control where your arrow goes, things that you can only master after so many years.
But the actual club was disappointing. There were only three other people beginning with me, none of them exceptionally worth mentioning, and a extra dude who was there for practise. The coach was an old fella, and with no disrespect intended to the eldery, but he went on about nothing for quite awhile. I think my impatience started to show, cause at one point he asked me if I was bored, in which I quickly flashed a smile and said, no not at all!

Not sure I will go back, because the lessons aren't regularly based either, so between work and uni, I won't be able to make most of the lessons. I guess I wasn't really looking for a sport to invest time in, cause let's face it, I don't have much of it to invest with. I was more into meeting new people, but I guess not everyone I meet can be as awesome as the people I met in New Zealand. It was a good effort though, I'm proud of myself.

Plus my bow arm hurts. I'm such a weakling.

teoh,

No comments: