Monday, May 3, 2010

we're back in hardware mode.

Last week was a nice slow relaxed week. A nice change of pace.

Picked up an extra project for fun, and although it was not worth any marks, I quite enjoyed doing it; mainly cause it involved presenting. Had to do a presentation on Shang Hai Expo 2010, which is quite interesting by itself, and choose a structure to focus on. My friend Henry Lim does some pretty fantastic things with Office and made an awesome powerpoint that made my job really easy. We got invited to present again at a seminar at the end of the semester.

Got to floorwalk newbies at work, man that was more tiring than I expected. They aren't exceptionally good, and I had such high hopes for them, but it's only their first week on the phones, so hopefully they pick it up.
On another topic at the workplace, something big is going down, I can feel it. We've had supervisors leave and shuffle around, and they've been asking shift leaders what they think they can improve and such...something is definitely happening. Stay tuned for more news.

the fantastic adventures of crown continue, although nothing quite spectacular happened. Ann, Erica and me just did the usually catch up, drink (reached five in the Fibonacci rule)  and I played a little bit of blackjack. The flame towers at crown have been cut back to being disappointing. No big flares anymore =[ we're thinking of going somewhere else next time. cya later crown.

Resistance - Muse, is a song that strangely touches me. The chorus depict, to me, the rush of rebellious love, wanting to be with someone despite good reasons not to, having self-doubt creep in, then resolving to erase the whole thing...and then wondering that it could've been right.

saw Iron Man 2 on friday with the uni boys. it was an okay movie, the usual hyped up sequel, but it had some really awesome moments as per usual. Man I love the whole idea of Iron Man. I actually hate the big boss fights at the end, they're really mediocre for me. The best part is the whole process of making Iron Man, being a super engineer. So awesome. The music is pretty dramatic too, listening to some of it now to motivate me to do my own work.

and a nice shout out to QBE Travel Insurance. Got my second cheque back today for a full refund of my replacement passport. Thinking back, QBE was actually very helpful and so easy to deal with. The only thing I can fault them is the waiting period can take awhile, and with no communication, it's a bit hard to know if your claim is actually being processed or not.

qantas on the other hand, can go stuff themselves and their *insert angry frustrate word here* helpdesks. Even I'm more helpful during a crabby mood.

need to have a productive week this week.

teoh,

edit: time for a new layout soon I think.

No comments: