Friday, April 23, 2010

the next stage

my god, I'm so glad this week is over.

It's been sooo busy, and I'm so glad I got through all my work. That said, I'm pretty sure I did not do very well in both of my tests, and our projects are hopefully up to scratch. Oh uni, it seems like I need to put so much more effort this year.

So, I figured out that we have 400% of work (100 marks for four subjects) this semester. 200% is roughly our exams, and the remaining 200% is coursework. We did 61% in ONE week. Kill me now.

The guys I hang around now, Henry, Long and Wil, are pretty good though. Pretty hardworking, with the right amount of procrastination in between for my liking. A bit of asian nerdism thrown in, with the computer geekness..they're a good bunch, and hopefully we can do some stuff outside of uni for once (Iron man 2 is the plan I think).

I also attended a funeral this morning, and although it made things a bit hectic (had an assignment and a test due today as well!), I was glad I could go to show support for my friend. Even though we weren't close, I'd like to think that I can be counted on when it matters. My thoughts are with my friend and his/her family.

Funerals have a weird effect on me. Even though I did not know the person who had passed away, the grief around me took over at one point, and I couldn't stop the tears. I guess it's sort of like an empathy of the people around you?
And they always put everything into perspective. Mysteries of Death. Your own funeral. Afterlife. People you care about the most. Self reflection. These are a few of the thoughts that I pondered today.

And everyone at uni thought I was a douche for showing up in a suit. 

teoh,

No comments: