Tuesday, October 26, 2010

looking ahead


So I no longer want those depressing posts on my blog, so on we go. Had Andrew's 21st on Sunday night. I had a really good time hanging out with some of my favourite high school friends. It was a good night.

Magie is still sick, we just cannot find out what's wrong with her. She's had a pretty terrible week, in and out of the vet, hospitalized and had an ultrasound today (which turned up negative). She's really exhausted, but ate some chicken thanks to some drugs to make her feel better. As little as she means to my readers, I ask people to keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she means the world to me.

I am currently trying to figure out what I want to do with myself in the future (better late than never). Engineering sounds good, but I think want something more. My dad has given me some articles and magazines about young millionaires, and I'm wondering how to get ambitious. Not millionaire ambitious, but just ambitious.

I was watching some of The Apprentice, which is so much fun to watch people back stab and yell like children on television, finger pointing etc. I feel like tim watching it, laughing evilly as someone gets verbally bashed. Anyway, my point was, as a prize, project managers get to meet with CEOs etc. One of them said, all the most successful people in the world right now are breathing the same air you are.

So after reading some of the stuff my dad gave me, I figured to get ambitious, you have to be inspired or passionate. Since I don't have a strong passion towards anything particularly, I guess I have to go for inspired. So inspire me. I might look into reading some books later after exams.

I would also like to talk about bathroom conversations. There should be a rule that if you are in the bathroom, doing your business, no talking is allowed between fellow bathroomers. I mean, it's so awkward! And I do not want to be holding a conversation in a echo-y room, with flushing toilets, running water, really LOUD hand dryers. A friendly nod and a hi, OK fine acceptable. But that's it! Also they need to soundproof cubical.

Talking about work, I had a fun time getting to know two new people at work today (so much that I didn't do any study =_=) I think I enjoy getting to know people. There's a position at work for Cultural Committee (one person being a committee) that organises events and stuff for people. I think I might take it when I get back from work. I wouldn't mind organising a bowling night or something for everyone.

Good luck to all fellow students doing exams right now. All the best.

teoh.

5 comments:

jason said...

reading is good =]

i'll recommend stuff after exams, since you're looking

btw, less than a week til ddr! excited??

jediteoh said...

of course, didn't you see me change my withdrawal level? :D

jason said...

lol btw you heard of nanowrimo?

i think i might do it, but in jan since exams make it too tough for nov

interested in keeping me accountable/doing it as well?

jediteoh said...

That's actually pretty cool. I would be interested in doing it with you!

jason said...

nice.

100,000 words between us by jan 31
LOL it's going to be so bad, but i like how the website put the idea of quantity over quality as a first step