Sunday, April 4, 2010

opening my eyes

so the weekend is over, and carolyn is now in the safe hands of her mother and her friends. thankfully, nothing completely disastrous happened with her time with me, and I hope she had least had a good time.

thank you to all my friends who came over on friday night; I know I was probably a little stressed out, the whole day was just too crammed and I was way too nervous. She deemed you all 'lovely' (she loved tim's drama actions and story telling) and enjoyed your company, so thank you all for making it a good night for her...as opposed to my shocking performance in hats T_T

we ended up having a good time in the city, split up in two blocks of morning-early afternoon, and evening-late night, with a nap in the middle. I noticed she loved her naps in NZ, and it was no different in Melbourne haha which I thought was kind of amusing. We found some nice shops in little collins street, but hit the jackpot when we went to the book market at fed square, where she bought 8 books haha. Ling, you would've loved her choices.

comedy fest was awesome, arj barker was very good. His opening star wars joke sold it for me, along with some others. They weren't jokes you can simply tell, but needed good delivery, and he did it very well.

dandenong ranges was also quite good, the shops with little 'knick knacks' were right up her alley I guess, though the walk was kinda dull as I didn't really know where it led, so we just wandered around for abit. the tea house there was pretty good for breakfast too. *bookmarks in head*

So that was the weekend, and again I hope she had a great time.

the weekend kinda opened my eyes to what a city we have, the things we can do and to appreciate it a bit more than my usual 'meh, I don't really like the city' comment. I guess there is a bit more to the city, the culture and stuff, but I still don't...get into it. Not my thing or just pure ignorance?

also, carolyn kept asking me things like, did I know this artist, or this book, or this movie, or this place, or this thing, and I hardly could say affirmative to any of it. I'm SO BORING. My knowledge amounts to nothing. What do I have to offer to anyone!? Sometimes I'm so ashamed of myself and filled with much self-pity.

teoh,

2 comments:

jason said...

reflect on all the things you like to talk and think [productively] about and that's probably what you know the most about!

i think that works. just thought of it so it's pretty prototype-ish for a rule of thumb, but i think it works =]

(i could totally write a self-help book lol.)

fmatt said...

heya david, glad to hear it all went to plan and everything, and that you even found some fun and joy amongst what you thought were the doldrums of the place you live (the city)

i guess i don't really like the city, there is a life there and you can enjoy it or not enjoy it. the restaurants are good, though.

there's lots to do in melbourne and i guess all you have to do is goto an information booth from tourism victoria to find out haha. it is beautiful to explore the far reaches of the world but there is still expansiveness to be found locally, within driving distance :)

i guess everyone has their interests and even if you don't enrich your life with what someone else does it doesn't make you any less significant. don't feel overwhelmed by anyone...this is why we are different. don't define yourself through people who aren't on your same page; there's always other people.